Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Say what?


So here's a few of my fav quotes from on the road. When I'm slugging it up a killer hill, I just think back to these moments and have myself a good chuckle.

Yeah, you can drink the tap water here, but it's kind of...hmmmm, a laxative.
-fellow at a gas station in Saskatchewan. Information that would have been much more useful before hand...

You know it's gonna be a good day when you wake up to a clean pair of undies...followed with a fresh cup of coffee
-Alisha, while cycling the Pacific Coast

Dude fueling up at a gas station in Upsala, Ontario: So do you have to be completely insane to ride your bike across the country?
Toby: Hmmm, actually, I think biking actually makes you crazier

I'll say it again, for like, the 17th time: I can't believe your Dad didn't blow you up when you were a kid!
-Cyclist Tim, in response to one of Dad's tale of how he attempted to build a zip line between two trees in the back yard

Where the heck are we? I mean, really. Where on earth are we?
-Toby, after finding ourselves (yet again) in a bizarre but wildly beautiful bush camp spot in Northern Ontario.

I've come to realize that the price you pay to pitch your tent has absolutely NOTHING to do with the quality of camping.

-Dave, another Trans Canada cyclist

Geeky guy in Dryden: So, do you know who's playing in the world cup game today?
Me: Ummm, what sport is that again?

Chilling out around the fire at our hobo camp with 5 other cyclists, Toby and I contemplated life as we ate a delightfully satisfying dinner.
Toby: Ahhhh, so this is life
Me: Correction, this is THE life, my friend

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm....I can't believe you put that quote up. Then again, it really does take being on the road to appreciate the finer things in life ;)

    ReplyDelete