Monday, August 23, 2010

Gaspésie!


Another short post, sorry folks. I'm in Chandler, on the southern coast of Gaspésie! This past week has been a blast-riding up and down hwy 132 with soaring cliffs on one side and blue blue ocean on the other. Riding with the boys, there are plenty of laughs on the roads. We lackadaisically cruise down the street with no hands, singing old jazz hits at the top of our lungs and hurling apples at each other from time to time. Amazed, the three of us watch seagulls dive bomb into the sea for fish, eye up seals bobbing up and down in the little bays, and nap at the base of waterfalls. Outstanding lighthouses, beautifully painted seaside homes, and friendly folks pop up wherever we go.

And the food! Only in Québec. Ice cream parlors and little casse croutes are everywhere; I can`t get enough of the poutine :) Finally, my dream of eating potatoes whenever and wherever I want has come true.

I'll be in New Brunswick in less than a week. Until then, I'll be enjoying the coast and the company of my fellow cycling companions. Oh, and I slept in a kids playground last night; the sound of crashing waves lulling me to sleep. Fearful that I would wake to a small child flying down the slide and into my tent, I woke early to enjoy the sunrise over Tété d'Indian.

peace,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment