Thursday, August 19, 2010

Where in the world is Meaghan?

Bonjour!

Ok, so the short answer is that I'm in Quebec. I'm cycling with Toby and Dave, and we're rocking out the Gaspe Peninsula. This was totally not on my route plan (haha, as if I had a route plan to begin with!) but Toby kind of convinced me that it would be awesome and it was too much fun cycling with them to part ways so soon. Sooooo, here I am :) everytime I see a tanker cruising along the waters of the Saint Lawrence, I'm hit with the sudden realization that I'm actually IN Quebec. It's just crazy to think that I'm on the Atlantic, not the Pacific anymore.

We cruised through Montreal, Trois Rivieres, Quebec City, and then started to make our way up the Saint Lawrence River. We took a couple of ferries, climbed a few massive hills, camped at an airport and wound up sipping beer on the sandy beach in spectacular Tadoussac. Dave dropped his video camera in the fjord, I dropped my camera on the cement, and The water has gotten saltier (and colder!), the scenery more astounding, and the English language less frequently used. I would write more, but the librarian here in Saint Anne des Monts wants me out of here now. Apparently blogging isn't a good enough reason to hog the only computer in the town. As soon as our laundry is done, we're heading out to chase the crashing waves and setting sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment