Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Goodbye Central City

So today was my last day at the arena. T-5 days until lift off! I was actually kind of sad to be leaving. To think that I hadn't been on skates since highschool, and now I'm pretty much incredible...ok, that's not in the slightest bit true. But I haven't tripped over the power cord for a few weeks, so I think I'm doing alright.
To celebrate my retirement from my 6 week spree at the roller rink, I made cupcakes. I think nearly every event can be a celebration, and since I'm not leaving out of dislike for the place, but rather to pursue my dreams, it's even more of a reason to celebrate. I'm going to miss counting the change. and laughing with the rest of the staff. and getting pizza from Fresh Slice on my breaks. and the sight of faces and smiles that become familiar after a few weeks time. But I won't miss the smell of sweaty hockey men (even though I've become so used to it, my nostrils hardly pick up the scent anymore). Nor will I miss picking up jockstraps found in the change rooms after the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment